Adan Medical Innovation SL
Adan Medical Innovation is a company focused on the development of disruptive integrated digital solutions to improve the management of anaphylaxis, a severe allergic reaction to food, insect stings, drugs, latex…that compromises life within minutes.
Our company was founded in Barcelona by allergists and experts in the sector, taking the idea from clinical daily interactions between them and patients. Since then, our small team managed to create a digital health innovative solution, incorporating last trends in the market and following medical and regulatory strategies, that is now ready to be launched and make easier the life of patients with anaphylaxis. In addition, our strategy incorporates Big Data value, a new feature in this field to store and use important data about anaphylaxis and consumers, which is of high interest for pharma companies, research institutions, distributors, advocacy groups…
Our main product, anAPPhylaxis, is a smart case for Epipens (epinephrine autoinjectors with the highest market share) connected to a mobile app, and intended to be used daily by individuals with anaphylaxis. In addition, we are developing other products, such as a smart box for public use, which follows legal trends and demand of having epinephrine in public places.
More information can be found on our Youtube channel.
- Dr. Anna Sala, PhD. Co-founder and clinical director. MD, Allergy specialist in Vall d’Hebron Hospital. Member of the World Allergy Organization and the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, with more than 20 papers published. She also works as advisor for pharmaceutical companies.
- Dr. Adrià Curran, PhD. Co-founder and clinical advisor. MD, Internal Medicine specialist in Vall d’Hebron Hospital, acts as an advisor for different pharmaceutical companies and has more than 50 papers published.
- Joaquim Trias, PhD. Chairman. Industry specialist, he has led the discovery and development of new treatments in the biopharmaceutical industry in USA, with three drugs approved and two Phase III, plus two medical devices marketed.
- Xavier Guillem, CEO. With a long management career in healthcare companies and expert in developing technological projects in e-Health industry: ClinicalSession, Abanden Telehealth and BioPhysiotherapy.
- Marc Torrent, CTO. Electronics engineer with more than 10 years of experience in design, development and technical coordination of research and innovation projects.
- Francesc Trias, MBA. CCO. Strategic project consultant with solid experience in the field of medical devices.
- Marek Chauncey, PhD. Business Development Director. More than 30 years of experience in the top management of companies in the Pharmaceutical Industry.