Adan Medical Innovation SL
Adan Medical Innovation develops digital solutions to help patients carrying autoinjectors manage their condition. Our first product, anAPPhylaxis, is a smart case & APP for allergic individuals that have to carry at all times 2 epinephrine autoinjectors to prevent death in case of anaphylaxis, an extreme allergic reaction. Our clinical study (100 patients, 6 months) has demonstrated that our technology modifies patient behavior, shows a statistically significant reduction of anaphylaxis, and better compliance and quality of life. In addition, the Big data potential of our solution is very important, adding real value to it. Our technology has CE Mark, and we plan to launch in Europe in 2019, followed by US market. Our pipeline includes a smartwatch for pediatric populations and a smartbox for public spaces.
- Dr. Anna Sala, PhD. Co-founder and clinical director. MD, Allergy specialist in Vall d’Hebron Hospital. Member of the World Allergy Organization and the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, with more than 20 papers published. She also works as advisor for pharmaceutical companies.
- Dr. Adrià Curran, PhD. Co-founder and clinical advisor. MD, Internal Medicine specialist in Vall d’Hebron Hospital, acts as an advisor for different pharmaceutical companies and has more than 50 papers published.
- Joaquim Trias, PhD. Chairman. Industry specialist, he has led the discovery and development of new treatments in the biopharmaceutical industry in USA, with three drugs approved and two Phase III, plus two medical devices marketed.
- Xavier Guillem, CEO. With a long management career in healthcare companies and expert in developing technological projects in e-Health industry: ClinicalSession, Abanden Telehealth and BioPhysiotherapy.
- Marc Torrent, CTO. Electronics engineer with more than 10 years of experience in design, development and technical coordination of research and innovation projects.
- Francesc Trias, MBA. CCO. Strategic project consultant with solid experience in the field of medical devices.
- Marek Chauncey, PhD. Business Development Director. More than 30 years of experience in the top management of companies in the Pharmaceutical Industry.